Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Sheldon Cooper Juxtaposition


Sheldon Cooper is an asexual being. That is, he is sexually attracted to neither women nor men. He dedicates himself to his intellectual pursuits, to science fiction, to video games and to comic books. He's happy and content with the kind of life he has. Romance is of no importance.

That said, I could learn a thing or two from Sheldon. I may not have a relationship, that doesn't mean I have to feel lonely or miserable. I don't even have to worry about whether or not I'll ever find somebody. The way I should look at it is this: If I find somebody, then, wow, I'll be eternally thankful for that. And if I don't, then I'll be fine.
Looking at the kind of life I have right now - being a busy student working to earn a degree in order to be well-off - a romantic relationship isn't really on top of my Needs List.

I better enjoy myself right now - with reading, writing, keeping myself out trouble, being a nerd, and being happy.

Being a Sheldon Cooper in my last year as a teenager and as a young woman in her early 20s probably wouldn't be so bad.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know where you got this but I like this post. I can relate myself in his situation even though I'm still like women but I'm not feeling lonely without lovelife for many years. My hobbies is gaming as well and I'm satisfied with that.

    ReplyDelete