Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The "After Graduation" Formulation

Read every book in my personal library.

That's something you don't hear very often when asking a college student what he or she plans to do after graduation. In my case, that's what I see myself doing, at least for some time.

After I graduate, I want to take some time off to try to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life. Writing is amazing, but as of late, I need a back-up plan. So, after graduation from college, I'll do some writing that will hopefully be published next time, write some articles for a company maybe (I'll work from home, perhaps), and most of all, take some time to read the books I have shelved in my library.

College is four years of assignments, tests, lectures, unpredictable instructors, term papers, etc. and sometimes it's difficult finding time for yourself. When I graduate I'll go out to do things that I dream of doing while I still have the energy to do them.

I want to avoid becoming one of those people who work and work, but never find the time to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Maybe this is my Road Not Taken. Maybe this is how my life is supposed to turn out. But if things will have to go my way, then I'll make everything I said happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment