Saturday, November 6, 2010

Let's Get Physical

There's a buzz going around our class about going to the gym. Now, I don't really know if I should be joining in on that bandwagon. 

Then again, I really want to give this whole gym thing a try, out of my need to attain the kind of body that I desire.

I look at people like Heather Morris or Aly Michalka and instantly, I want their toned arms and rock-hard abs. I probably seem vain by admitting that I want to go to the gym just so m body would fit my idea of a perfect body. That is a little true.


But another reason I have for wanting to go through this "gym bandwagon" is my want - and need - to stay fit. In all honesty, this is only secondary reason. 

There are things holding me back, though. First of all, the money I would spend is not money I personally earn. I know that money in this family is a little tight, even if my parents don't say it. So, I wouldn't want to casually spend their money when fact of the matter is, it can be spent on more things. And wouldn't it be more fulfilling if the money I spend in paying for gym services is money I earned? When I do start earning my own dough, then I can probably start spending them on things I want for myself.

Secondly, there's an issue with time. I'm not exactly the Michael Phelps or LeBron James of Time Management, but how do I squeeze in time for the gym between school, eating, reading, sleeping, writing, and slacking off now and then?

Maybe time and money wouldn't be a big deal. I'll probably do this whole gym thing and in doing so, it's a win-win situation: I get the body of my deepest desires and I get to spend time with some friends while I'm at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment