Friday, November 26, 2010

Finding Writer's Digest - It's a Sign

Whenever I flip through the magazine stocks at Book Sale in SM, I don't usually find anything I like. (Okay, so I do find magazines where some of my favorites actors or actresses are on the cover, but I don't go ahead and buy the magazines because I don't usually need them.) Yesterday, however, all the minutes of magazine-flipping paid off when I saw two magazines titled WRITER'S DIGEST. My thoughts when I saw the magazines: SCORE!

And seeing these magazines was a good thing. For some time I've been experiencing some self-doubt or anxiety mixed with strong hope and determination - an ambivalence, really - towards my chances of making it as a writer. Some of my instructors sneer and tell us we're (our class) not a certain level for us to consider ourself English majors. I try to fight off the negativity, but it just keeps coming, trying to masticate me in the gluteus.

One of the issues of the magazines I bought is particularly helpful - it's filled with tips on style, improvement, beating writer's block, etc. On the other hand, the other issue focuses on how to get your memoir published.

With these materials in hand, I hope to truly stay on track with my writing. I'm not going to let situations, bordering-on-bully instructors, and myself waver my spirits. Thought right now I have no idea how I am going to get where I need to be, I have faith that things will fall into place, thereby giving me opportunities to make things happen for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment