Friday, November 5, 2010

So here's what you missed...

(Imagine that voice over guy from Glee while reading this blog)

The first week of second semester, and though it's only been three days, I'm already feeling haggard. First of all, the "legendary" Ms. Castro is my instructor in Enlg15b (Editing, Copyreading, and News Production) and I swear, almost everybody in class is watching his or her every step (including me). She's known for being a source of fear intimidation among students from the School of Humanities, especially Mass Communication students. I can sort of see why they fear her, but I think I can handle her. Wish me luck on that.

Also, American Literature class, like English Literature, demands in me a great deal of knowing a lot about the history of USA. Darn, there's so much reading for me to do that I'm quite surprised I don't wear spectacles yet.

Then there's Drama class (which doesn't really demand any acting skill, rather analytical skills) wherein I think I'll have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from all the lecture. Our instructor, Sir Laoyan, is known for his lengthy notes-giving... that are dictated. I'll probably need another notebook before the semester is even over. 

With all these reading and whatnot for all of my classes, I'm going to have to do a lot of consulting over at SparkNotes and printing/photocopying of notes. Thank goodness for the boom of the internet as a source of academics, otherwise I'd probably be attached to another object by an inclined plane, wrapped helically around an axis (something I picked up from The Big Bang Theory). In other words, I'd be screwed.

Anyway, there are also a bunch of other things going on, but I'm just going to have to put them in other blog posts.

PS: It's a weekend, yet I'm online copying Spark Notes analyses on our assigned readings for Drama class.

No comments:

Post a Comment