Wednesday, February 3, 2010

1661 Most Significant Songs in My Life: Numb by Linkin Park

Even from the first line of the song, I knew it would be a relatable one. The timing was a good one too: I was in my bewildered days as a girl who was about to become a teenager. There was the overwhelming transition from being a care-free child to becoming a young teenager going through changes.

I felt like I could relate to this song because of how I directed the lyrics towards grownups. As a second child, I’ve been unavoidably compared to my older sister. I’ve been told to be more like her and that got on my nerves. What I wanted was to go through my life my way. I didn’t want my life to be a carbon copy of my sister’s.

This song perfectly expressed my sentiment. “I know I may end up failing too, but I know you were just like me with someone disappointed in you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment