Tuesday, February 16, 2010

1661 Most Significant Songs in My Life: Lying Is The Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off by Panic! At The Disco

“Lying”, for the most part, is responsible for my being a Panic! At The Disco fan. The song’s straightforward lyrics and singer Brendon Urie’s way of singing (which adds impact to the words) got me to pay attention. But above those, the tongue-in-cheek lyrics (i.e. “I got more wit, a better kiss, a hotter touch, a better f*ck) truly made me listen to the song and eventually love it.

And this song brings back memories of how it made me feel during a crappy time in junior year of high school. Even if the song was in no way a verbatim of what I had gone through, the song still felt like a fix. Most songs are, anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment