Monday, February 15, 2010

Literary Piece: You Can Count Me Out

Originally written: October 24, 2009


If it’s Dream Boy Vampire who makes girls swoon, you can count me out. It’s not my style to go gaga over a damsel in distress with an over possessive husband.







If it’s a trio of brothers who supposedly make “music”, you can count me out. I’m past the stage of idolizing precocious baby faces. So don’t ask me why I’m not screaming at the top of my lungs like 5, 735, 918 other girls.






If it’s a teen pop star who rose to fame by having the best of both worlds, you can count me out. True, she has talent, just don’t expect me to squeal or bow down to idolize her.





There are just some things some people don’t like. I don’t ask you to wave wands or stick your hands up with horns.

So you can count me out with your pop culture. Don’t stop me when I favor something that counters your culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment