Monday, December 6, 2010

Dear So-Called Friend,

Thanks for letting me know you were tired of me. Forming new close friendships with those two and rubbing it in my face really was the kindest way to do it. 

And thanks for sitting down with me and talking about your problems with me. Then again, it was probably better for you to ignore me and act like the past two years of our friendship never happened. You have a way with the element of surprise!

It's all right if you want to be with your two new BFFs. Go ahead and be with the pretty, popular ones all the boys bow down to. Go ahead and forget about the little people.

All I ask is for you to give me some honesty and show me a little respect. Don't turn your back on me, ignore me, and leave me hanging.

If truth be told, you don't know the pendulum I am on - I go from happy to sad, from mellow to enraged. You don't bother to ask me about it, so I don't tell you a thing. Besides, it's not my style to shower others with my burden. If you truly know me, you would know that.

So if you want none of my baggage, that's your prerogative. You can do the weak thing and abandon someone who needs your help.

Because a true friend would help a friend with a baggage. In doing so, everything else becomes easier. But I'm guessing you're not the person I count as "true." Thanks for the times, the invite your home and all the other things - I'm just sorry I can't be who you want me to be. I'm sorry if my baggage is too much for you to take.

For as long as we've been friends, I've accepted you for who you are. All along I thought you were doing the same thing.


Consider this letter my way of letting go of the bottled up emotions.

WONDERING IF I WAS EVER TRULY YOUR FRIEND,
P. Viron

No comments:

Post a Comment