Thursday, December 30, 2010

10 Most Awesome Things About 2010

Okay, so I would have to admit that 2010 isn't exactly the most awesome year for me, so creating this list was not as easy as ABC.  Despite the bad things that happened, I choose to look back on the good things that did happen, and this list counts down the 10 most awesome things about 2010.

10. Creating my Tumblr Page
- Tumblr redefined the paradigm of blogging. It brings me joy, laughter, and entertainment. I even got to meet  cool people this year because of the Tumblr Meet Up last June 25. Furthermore, the cool photos being blogged and reblogged actually inspire my inner photographer, so that's pretty awesome.

9. Rekindling the DEGRASSI fan in me
- Back when I was 12 years old, I watched the first season of DEGRASSI: THE NEXT GENERATION and fell in love with the unique show. Unfortunately, though, I never got to watch the seasons that came after, but I kept myself (close to) updated through the internet. And, the internet also gave me the opportunity to actually watch the things I've missed. I even spent most of my summer vacation with Degrassi marathons.

8. Expanding my personal library
- I spent thousands of pesos this year buying numerous books for me to read. Whether it's a book for school or personal pleasure, shopping for them was my version of retail therapy. Books are my source of joy, calm... they're my safe haven.

7. Owning a laptop
- Okay, so it's not brand new. But I am thankful for having it. It's been a great convenience to me, especially when it comes to doing school work and doing something fun.

6. Discovering the photographer in me
- I'm blessed that my dad's friend lent me a DSLR camera for me to use for my Journalism class. Honestly, though, I've used the camera for discovering my personal interest in photography. I'm still a beginner, mind you, but it's something I want to develop as an interest, maybe even as a talent. Hey, who knows? I'll probably become a writer/photographer one day. 

5. Turning 19
- Here I am, an age that borders between adulthood and adolescence. Being 19 for the past six months has been quite a ride - there's the inner fear of having to leave childhood behind and face the phony world of adulthood. (Catcher in The Rye much?) I then think about the amazing possibilities life has to offer and that inner fear fleets.

4.  The release of  A THOUSAND SUNS, NIGHTMARE, and LIVE IT UP
- Linkin Park came out with an awesome album tat showcased their versatility as artists. Meanwhile, Avenged Sevenfold's highly anticipated album since the death of their drummer Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan. Lastly, American Idol season 9 winner Lee DeWyze  released his major record label debut album. The release of these albums is an awesome thing because all year long I looked forward to the new music these albums have to offer.

3.  The release of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1
- Ever since the book came out in 2007 I have been looking forward to its movie adaptation. Anybody who has read my blogs on the movie will know why this is on the list.

2. Becoming a huge fan of the TV shows The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, and Glee
- Prior to 2010, though, I've heard of these shows - as a matter of fact, I've been watching How I Met Your Mother before - but this year I got to truly watch these shows. In doing so, I got to appreciate them. For instance, The Big Bang Theory allowed me to appreciate my inner geek... and it's okay to be a geek. You're just being yourself. On the other hand, How I Met Your Mother allows me to be in touch with my romantic side - the side of me that fantasizes about meeting The One, falling madly in love, getting married, and telling your two children how you met the love of your life. And finally, there's Glee. It's one of the most watched television shows. It's entertaining with its humor and music. My viewing pleasure was indeed pleasing (and awesome) because of these shows.

And the most awesome thing about my 2010 is...


... becoming a staff writer for Gasera
- The last time I became a campus journalist was in senior year of high school. Freshman year I tried out for the university's official publication and the fact that I was not accepted sort of hindered me from trying again. This year, though, I threw caution to the wind and just went with the desire to share my passion for writing by showing people what I can do. I will admit: my path as a staff writer hasn't always been smooth - I've had moments where my dedication was questioned, but for the most part, I've had an awesome time doing what I do best and sharing it with others. And the best part is when people tell you that they appreciate what you like... that's the best reward.

So now I look forward to 2011. 

And I'll just let this picture I found in Tumblr speak for itself:


No comments:

Post a Comment