Sunday, December 19, 2010

Expiration Dates on Secrets

Benjamin Franklin once wrote: Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead. What dear Franklin is trying to tell is that most things don't remain a secret, no matter how much we would want them to. Eventually, someone will be a snitch and blow the cover. Secrets are like milk: they have expiration dates. They can also be like bombs that cause destruction when detonated.

Recently, a secret of mine reached its expiration. Okay, so I couldn't hold my tongue long enough. I caved and told a single soul (and eventually other souls found out) that I am attracted to one of my classmates in ESP. And another secret blew to bits when three classmates figured out I had (or still have?) feelings for a guy I am friends with. Damn. I did not put on a good poker face.

Ah, well, it was probably about time, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment