Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Frog Prince Theory: It's gonna be a thing!

The Frog Prince Theory is loosely based on the Mermaid Theory. What's The Mermaid Theory, you ask? For men, it is when an initially unattractive woman become very attractive through time. For more details, click the link for a YouTube video of a clip from How I Met Your Mother s06e11



Now I've come up with a similar theory applicable for women: The Frog Prince Theory. The theory states that a guy, whom a woman finds to be unattractive at the first meeting (much like a frog) through time may become an attractive (note: handsome, hot) "prince" in her eyes. The theory works like beer goggles, only it doesn't always involve copious amounts of alcohol. The Frog Prince Theory may come into effect through a) spending plenty of time in the company of said "frog/prince", b) absence of guys that women find to be attractive, c) hormonal imbalance, or d) desperation to "get some."


Recently, The Frog Prince Theory applied to my life. For about two months, a classmate of mine suddenly appeared... what's the word?... decent-looking. To be honest, he's not really a catch. He's not a 10 with looks, he's not the brightest bulb in the room, and he's not exactly Mr. Personality. As a matter of fact, he's the kind of guy who flatters girls ("bolero" in Filipino terms) just to get their attention. I guess that's his way of compensating.

Anyway, if you ask me what caused my sudden attraction to him, I would probably say all of the above.

But if you're wondering if it's possible to go from finding the frog a prince, and finding the prince to be a frog again, I tell you that it is. Eventually, I sobered up, so to say. The beer goggles went off and I found myself not attracted to the guy again.

And now I can look back and laugh at how wrong I was. Then I can get on track with finding my actual prince.


No comments:

Post a Comment