Friday, October 15, 2010

Hey, must be the money!

I believe in positive thinking and focusing on the things that make you feel good. Today, Nelly's 2001 song "Ride Wit Me" is a song I'm listening to on repeat because somehow it's getting me in a giddy mood. A little embarrassing as it is to admit, I even danced along to the song tonight when no one's watching. The lyrics aren't exactly what I can relate to, although there is a verse that I find cool:


Check, check -- yo, I know somethin you don't know

And I got somethin to tell ya
You won't believe how many people, straight doubted the flow
Most said that I was a failure
But now the same motherfuckers askin me fo' dough
And I'm yellin, "I can't help ya"
"But Nelly can we get tickets to the next show?"
Hell no (what's witchu?!) you for real?!


Anyway, my point here is that every one of should look more in the positive more often. No matter how crappy your day went, think of something - no matter what it is - that made you smile, laugh, or simply made you feel good. Whether it's a song, a joke someone told you, or a smile a stranger gave you, think of whatever it is that made you happy before you go to bed at night.

And to keep up with the nostalgia of the song, or if you've never "Ride Wit Me" before, watch its video below:



No comments:

Post a Comment