Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stories of The Semester: Engl26 - Teaching English as Second Language

Prior to the start of the semester I didn't quite know what to expect from the subject except that it's leaning more towards Education rather than English. In other words, it's nothing like most of the English subjects I actually enjoy - like literature. 

This subject isn't one of my favorites. Don't get me wrong, though, I didn't loathe it. But I wasn't exactly chuffed to bits whenever I attended classes.

Maybe the reason why I didn't get to appreciate this class very much is my is my lack of passion, or desire, for teaching. I'm not saying I don't ever want to be teacher, but if ever I do take that path I would want to teach literature rather than teach language. I think I'd have more credibility teaching literature because it's something I actually care about.

But I digress.

There's nothing I can think of that is memorable from my time in this class other than my realization that teaching is definitely my last resort as a career.

I'm just glad I got through this class and I won't ever have to go through it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment