Monday, October 25, 2010

Stories of The Semester: Engl14 - Principles and Procedures of Parliamentary

This subject is quite an interesting one. Prior to the start of the semester I was a bit curious as to what goes on in this subject. I figured a little that some debating is involved, so I was excited at the thought.

But came the actual time of the subject, as the semester started. Yes, Parliamentary Procedure involved debates, but not entirely. Parliamentary Procedure applies to government proceeding, company meetings, etc. It was a technical subject with so much rules that I personally didn't want to keep up with.

Another reason why I probably didn't enjoy the subject that much is the amount of group work that was a "make or break" when it came to my grades. I'm not usually excited when it comes to group work. A group is only as strong as its weakest member and that was a little bit the case in the group I was in. Some members lacked initiative and depended on the people known to be "the responsible ones."

But we managed to pull off some team work when our determination to pass the course kicked in. Eventually I learned to take it easy and keep the faith that I'm going to pass the subject.

As for now, though, I'm glad the semester's over and that I've gotten away from the course.Oh, let's just say that Parliamentary Procedure just isn't my "thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment