Wednesday, March 10, 2010

1661 Most Significant Songs in My Life: I Don’t Want To Be by Gavin DeGraw



“I don’t want to be anything other than what I’ve been trying to be lately/ All I have to do is think of me and I have peace of mind/ I’m tired of looking around/ Always wondering what I gotta do/ Or who I’m supposed to be/ I don’t want to be anything other than me…” The chorus’ message couldn’t be any clearer. It’s a clear message of staying true to your self. You don’t have to listen to the negativity of people who tear you down. This song reminds me to do just that.

On another note, this song is the theme song to one of my favorite TV shows: One Tree Hill. This show taught me plenty of things about life and love, and listening to this song rush back what I learned from the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment