Thursday, March 11, 2010

Literary Piece: Not Wrapping This In Ribbons

Originally written: November 8, 2009


Don’t take this the wrong way. Just because I duck low and pay attention to Jane Eyre instead of you, it doesn’t mean I don’t like you. Well, I’m not so sure about that, but I know I want us to still be friends.

It hasn’t been easy, especially after that day. Do you remember it as vividly as I do? Or do I have to repaint the picture in your mind?

Do you remember being close, the closest you’ve ever gone? Do you remember your skin brushing mine? I do. I remember the heat.

In that moment, I felt something… something which I can’t give a name to. I’m afraid that if I’m close you, I’ll feel that feeling again and lose my focus. I’ve already made my choice. Not wrapping this in ribbons, the choice was not you.

No comments:

Post a Comment