Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Expect a change in variables..."

"I thought I had my life mapped out, but then I remembered... always account for variable change..." - (Ben Campbell, "21")

Don't ask me where I see myself five years from now... I'm not so sure. Before, my plan seemed clear, simple as it was: become a published writer. I'm all for the motivating speeches as "chase your dreams" or "believe that dreams come true"; however, lately, I've come to realize that my dreams need to strike a balance with reality. What I need to do is make realistic dreams (paradoxical, I know).

As the first half of my college life finishes its course, a feeling of uncertainty begins to grow in me. I feel like I don't want to finish school just yet because quite honestly, I don't know what I will do after I get my diploma. I probably feel this way because of fear of the unknown, but then just like other things in life, you have to look out for things that could alter your plan.

When I graduated from high school two years ago, I had a plan. Now, life is somewhat forcing me to abandon my plan and to pursue another one. It's like non-linear equations: you have to expect a change in variables.

No comments:

Post a Comment