Monday, March 1, 2010

Literary Piece: Who I Am, Who I’m Not, and Who I Want to Be

Originally written: October 14, 2009

I’m a quirky girl. Sometimes people think I’m weird because of that.
I’m an optimist. Most of the time, I look at the bright side and abandon negativity.
I’m passionate about music and writing. My life focuses on those two, among some things.
I’m shy. I tend to keep to myself when I’m around strangers.
I’m imperfect. There are things I do in excess or in deficiency.
Will you take me for who I am?

I don’t cook. I probably can’t fulfil your dream of having someone do everything for you.
I’m not eloquent. I don’t say the perfect things.
I don’t have a physique of a model. Maybe I’m not someone you can brag to your friends.
I’m not the best in school. I don’t own a spot at the Dean’s List nor do I have a perfect line of nine.
I don’t always make the best choices. I inevitably make mistakes sometimes and I let people down.
Will you still take me for who I’m not?

I want to be a writer. The words I write will change someone’s life. I want to inspire people.
I want to be in love. Everyday I wish for love and everyday I dream of love.
I want to be someone who can make a difference. There’s no purpose in idleness.
I want to be good enough. Everything would all be in vain if it weren’t.
I want to be the best that I can be. The moment I stop chasing that, everything would be worth nothing.
Will you take me and help me become who I want to be?

I’ll take you for who you are, who you’re not, and who you want to be… will you do the same for me?



No comments:

Post a Comment