Tuesday, March 23, 2010

1661 Most Significant Songs in My Life: Miss Murder by AFI

The day wasn’t a good one for me. I felt rejected, hurt, and perfectly knocked out by reality. I felt like I got pushed off the top of Vath Building by someone I thought would pull me rather than push me down. But I’m not going to dwell on the details of that one.

On that day, I happened to listen to “Miss Murder” by AFI. The blood-curling screaming vocals became my own screams when I wanted to relieve myself of the feelings I’ve been stuffing down for a long time. My saying “it’s okay” whenever painful times come were a pile of denial bull crap as the irrelevant words were screamed: “Reaching for a golden ring we’d never let go… but who would ever let us put our filthy hands around it?”

The song snapped me out of a dull life and made me think about taking more risks.

No comments:

Post a Comment