Friday, March 26, 2010

"The hardest one to love is he who needs it most"

Sometimes I wonder if I will be the one who can save him - from the lust, the booze, and the cigarettes. Sometimes I wonder if by staying friends with him, I can somehow make him see that the future is worth making good for himself.

I feel like he needs attention... he needs LOVE. This love doesn't have to come in a romantic way in a form of a girlfriend. He needs love in the form of a person who truly cares for him. I think he is the way he is because of the disasters of his life. His dad walked out on him and his mom; his mom is overseas making a living for the two of them. He's alone. Sure, he has his "bros" and "chicks", but deep down I'm guessing there's something missing for him.

I'm not saying he's some kind of pity charity case that I want to help. I'm saying that he deserves better. You're probably wondering why I'm concerning myself with the life of someone I'm not very close with. Well, I wonder the same thing. I ask myself why I even bother. I searched for logical answer to justify this, but I can't come up with anything.

I must confess, though, that I am hesitant about committing myself to being friends with him. What if I lose myself and be influenced by him instead of me influencing him? Actually, there was an incident where I did, shall we say, "lost myself" (that isn't the point of this blog, however). What I'm trying to say is, I'm not sure I can completely handle making an impact on his life. Am I really going to be that person for him? I want him to stop running away from the good life. I'm even afraid that he'll wind up with regrets and a bottle of beer at noon everyday, wondering where his life f'ed up.

The lyrics from the Papa Roach song "Carry Me" is true: THE HARDEST ONES TO LOVE ARE THE ONES WHO NEED IT MOST. But don't get me wrong. I'm not in love with him or anything. I just think he needs love from a friend. You know, the kind of love expressed through caring and encouragement.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I think he deserves to be loved. When I think about it, if he's not "saved" anytime soon, he'll (figuratively) kill himself from running away too much. He could use a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment