Monday, January 4, 2010

10 Most Awesome Things About The Past Decade That Shaped My Life So Far

The 2000s was a memorable decade. Not all the memories are good, not all are bad, but they shaped my life nonetheless. I picked out ten memorable and (wait for it) AWESOME moments/facts from the past decade.

10. Reading books by Bob Ong and Paulo Coelho that taught me a lot about life (like love, school, dealing with trials that come, etc.).

9. The Harry Potter phenomenon made me love literature and that's a huge help for me as a writer.

8. Technology in the form of the internet helped me establish myself as a writer especially with blogs. Social networking sites and text messages helped me maintain relationships.

7. Watching great movies and TV shows that made me laugh, cry, think, hold my breath, and most of all inspire me in my writing and influence me positively with how I look at life.

6. Listening to great musicians like Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold, Fall Out Boy, Papa Roach, Paramore, American Idol contestants, to name some.

5. Graduating from elementary and high school, then entering college.

4. Pursuing my passion for writing by blogging, joining the school newspaper staff in high school senior year, writing fan fictions, and having an essay published in one the city's local newspapers.

3. Establishing friendships with people who deserve to be called "true" and severing ties with people who were hazardous to my mental and emotional health.

2. My family being able to pull through BS. (I don't know if this qualifies as "awesome", but the fact that we really pulled through is... wait for it, awesome!)

1.  Good and bad experiences (that are too many to be mentioned) that taught me about love, life, faith, and life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment