Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ten All-Time Favorite Kelly Clarkson Songs


CRY
Out of all of Kelly Clarkson’s songs, this would be the most relatable for me. As I write this blog, I’m at a time in my life, where heartbreak came my way and this song is the most comforting, most relevant song for me to listen to. Singing allowed me to unleash whatever it was I felt—hurt, disappointment in myself. The song is perfectly relatable to a moment in my life, that’s why it’s significant to me.

MISS INDEPENDENT
This song is the first Kelly Clarkson song I considered a favorite. I even gave myself the alias of “Miss Independent” when I was twelve years old. Sometimes the song can be relatable as well.

LONG SHOT
The chorus was applicable to me during the summer semester of ’09. Until now I relate the song to some of my personal experiences, just to remind myself that even if something seems like a long shot, i should still take my chances and say “why not?” to things.

BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
The song has lyrics I don’t exactly relate to, but still I find them beautiful and sweet. I got to appreciate the song fully when I read a CSI:NY fan fiction that used the song.

SOBER
I don’t exactly know how, but I sometimes feel like I could relate to this song. When I listen to the song, I get that feeling that it is something I can relate to. Maybe that’s because I think of my own life whenever I listen to this song, that’s why it feels like it’s relatable to me.

ALL I EVER WANTED
The lyrics in this song were something I was able to relate to when I was in the second year of my college life. All I ever really wanted was to get over this guy who only ended up breaking my heart without even knowing he ever did.

MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU
This is a song I would probably dedicate to a significant other… if I ever had one. Forgive me for my choice of adjective, but I think the song has really cute lyrics. I mean, there’s a person in your life who drives you crazy (in a good way… wait, how’s that even possible?) and yet you can’t live without that person. It’s a common dynamic in any relationship… and I have yet to know what that’s really like.

ALREADY GONE
Like “Cry”, “Already Gone” became relevant to me during that said time in my life. Some of the lyrics are words I would dedicate to the person involved in that situation, like “I love you enough to let you go.” And I try my very best to really let that person go.

SINCE U BEEN GONE
The song’s great to sing along to when you want to vent your rage after life’s heartbreaks and whatnot. I know I like singing along to when I feel like I have a broken heart.

I DO NOT HOOK UP
I know I don’t hook up, and this song is my anthem to that.




No comments:

Post a Comment