Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1661 Most Significant Songs in My Life: Halo by Bethany Joy Lenz


“One thing is clear/ I wear a halo/ I wear a halo when you look at me/ But standing from here/ You wouldn’t say so/ You wouldn’t say so if you were me/ And I/ And I just want to love you...”

I was in junior year when I first heard this song and instantly loved it. There was a guy I liked and every time he was around or every time he made eye contact with me, I would feel like an angel with a halo flying on cloud nine. But he had no clue I felt that way so I wanted to get down from the pedestal. I’m an imperfect person. And I want to be accepted for that.

But other than that, the song is significant to me because it’s a soundtrack to one of my favorite TV shows of all time: One Tree Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment