Wednesday, January 13, 2010

1661 Most Significant Songs in My Life: What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts (Danny Gokey)


In an episode of American Idol, Danny Gokey performed “What Hurts The Most” wherein my appreciation for music was brought to a higher level. Danny Gokey was singing from his personal experience of loss (his wife had died before he joined the show). I saw the sadness in his eyes and heard the longing in his voice. His performance is the only Idol performance to ever bring me to the brink of tears, especially when he cried out “Come back to me”. Those words aren’t even part of the song’s lyrics. But I guess that’s part of Danny’s greatness: his ability to move people when he sings. As a matter of fact, I still get chills whenever I listen to his performance of the song.

Aside from Danny Gokey’s memorable rendition of the song, “What Hurts The Most” is significant to me because it reminds me of that person who could have been The One. The song expresses my regret of not doing anything to let that person know how I feel. The only thing I ever really got to do is write a literary piece inspired by this song. To this day I wish I have done more.

No comments:

Post a Comment